Friday, August 21, 2009

Peppers

The late blight may have gotten my tomatoes, but I still have plenty of peppers. I stuff them, add them to skewers, saute them with sausage . . . our pepper needs are definitely being met.

I have both cubanelle peppers - the long, sweet, light green ones - and bell peppers.

I stuff my cubanelles the way my mother-in-law does because my husband loves them (and so do I). Here's how:

Peppers Stuffed with Bread Crumbs

4 cubanelle peppers
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup raisins (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and then drained)

Combine bread crumbs, cheese, olive oil and raisins. Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Stuff peppers with mixture and place in a greased baking dish. Bake at 325° F for one hour. (If you want to cut baking time, you can parboil the peppers for 5 minutes and then stuff and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes).

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter