Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chicken Rolls with Spinach

I was looking for a use for the overabundance of spinach that I have growing in my garden. I gave some to the neighbors - twice - and then decided to feed my own family with some of it. Last night I made chicken stuffed with spinach, basil and cream cheese. The recipe is simple:

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Rolls

For the stuffing mixture:
One cup fresh spinach leaves
Half an 8 oz. package cream cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp pecorino romano cheese
2 fresh basil leaves

8 - 12 thin sliced chicken cutlets
1 egg
Half cup bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place stuffing mixture ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. spread over one side of each cutlet. Roll and secure with toothpicks. Spray a baking dish and place rolled cutlets in the dish. Brush tops of rolls with beaten egg and spread bread crums over the top. Sprinkle with grated pecorino romano. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter