Sunday, July 6, 2008

Take me out after the ballgame

I'm baaack! Hope someone missed me! Between the end of the semester at the University and Little League baseball season for my son, I have been quite busy. But I am ready to get back to blogging ... and cooking! I have missed both as they are both good stress relievers for me.

So, down to business. Now that summer is in full swing, I have been experimenting with interesting things to do with salads - both pasta salad and green salad. My husband and I both like to eat salads for dinner, especially in summer. We are not vegetarians, but get tired of eating meat every night. Last night I opened a can of chick peas and drained them, minced two cloves of garlic and sprinkled some basil and kosher salt over them and mixed it all together. I washed some red lettuce, topped the lettuce with the chick pea mixture, slivered almonds, feta cheese extra virgin olive oil, raspberry vinegar, salt and pepper. It was a satisfying, but not too filling, meal.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter