Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Let them eat cake

My two-year-old loves Blue and Barney almost as much as she loves Mommy, Daddy and her brother. For her birthday I made her two cakes - one on her actual birthday and one on the day of her party. The Blues Clues cake above was easy to make. I cut an image of Blue from a coloring book, layed it on the cake and sprayed Wilton Color Mist Food Color Spray around it. I removed the coloring book image and filled in the space with blue icing mixed from white icing from a can and food coloring. I mixed a tiny bit of pink icing for the tongue. This cake was much easier than the cake I did for her party which featured Barney, Baby Bop and BJ. I had to cheat and use some plastic cut-outs for that one.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter