Saturday, April 19, 2008

Burger - Fred Fredburger that is

Here is the cake I made for my son's 10th birthday. If you don't know who is featured on the cake, you don't have a fourth grader. Meet Fred Fredburger. He likes to spell his name, he says "Yes!" after everything and he like nachos. He is an offbeat character on "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" on Cartoon Network. As you can tell, I do have a fourth grader. The truth is, I kind of like Fred. The cake I made for the family party a few days later also had Fred Fredburger's mug and said, "Fredburger for President '08." I can't take credit for that slogan though, I actually saw it online.

Anyway, I printed a picture of Fred from here: http://www.drawingnow.com/print-fredfredburger.html and then cut the outline out, laid the makeshift paper stencil down on the already iced cake (which is easier to do if the icing has dried a little, so the paper doesn't stick) and sprayed Wilton Color Mist Food Color Spray (http://www.wilton.com/) around the outline and then removed the paper. I piped blue icing around the outline of Fred and filled the rest in with vanilla icing lightly colored with green food coloring. Very easy - and fun!

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter