Thursday, February 7, 2008

L'Absinthe - French Restaurant in NYC

I had the pleasure this afternoon to enjoy the best of NYC cuisine at a french restaurant called L'Absinthe located in Manhattan's east side. I was meeting some media contacts so had an excuse to have a decadent lunch. I ordered the cheese platter as an appetizer. If I was stranded on a dessert island, and I could choose one food it would be cheese! Pasta would be nice, too. But anyway, the platter was a wonderful selection of hard and soft cheeses inlcuding bleu cheese and brie. The platter came with mixed greens with oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt, and walnuts and dried apricots, so was the perfect blend of sweet and salty. My second course was vine ripened tomatoes with lentils and cucumber "tagliatelle" topped with bleu cheese. I must admit, I was initially disappointed when the dish came and I saw how little bleu cheese was on it - it was topped with a finely grated dusting of the cheese, but I came to appreciate the subtlety of the flavor. It was not at all overpowering. The restaurant is offering a special menu for Valentine's Day - a three course menu for $90. The restaurant is located at 227 E. 67th Street, NY, NY 10021, 212-794-4950. More details at www.labsinthe.com or www.labsinthenyc.com.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter