Sunday, February 3, 2008

Go Giants!

Friends of ours have a Super Bowl party every year, no matter who the teams are that make it in. This year, we in the New York area all have Super Bowl fever as we root for our very own NY Giants. My friend likes to keep junk food to a minimum at her parties, so she asked me to bring fruit. I was trying to think of creative ways to jazz up fruit when it hit me that I had seen a photo of fruit kabobs in a magazine and decided to see what fruit I had around to make kabobs with. I made fruit kabobs with pineapple, strawberries and orange slices. I arranged the kabobs in a plastic bowl in the center of a platter and surrounded them with slices of pound cake. I sprinkled the cake with team colors - red, white and blue sprinkles - and topped the platter with a plastic Super Bowl decoration from a supermarket cake we had the day before.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter