Saturday, January 26, 2008

Stretch out that chicken soup

Now I have what my daughter has which was inevitable since I am contantly bathed in sneezes and mucus from my little angel. So, chicken soup sounded pretty good to me last night and today. Unfortunately, I had left my broth from the day before on the stove for too long with the heat too high and it cooked down to a more concentrated soup which was quite flavorful, but there was only a little of it. So, I saved it and put it back on the stove, added a chicken bullion cube and some water as well as a can of diced tomatoes. I boiled some extra noodles and voila - more homemade soup. Well, my daughter is sleeping now, so I am going to put my fuzzy slippers on and crawl under a blanket and watch Food Network.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter