Friday, January 18, 2008

New Column on My Personal Farmers

I am happy to announce that I will be writing a regular column on MyPersonalFarmers.com. Since the Locally Grown contest back in Sept., I have had the pleasure of getting to know the people involved in the contest - the contestants as well as the judges. It really is a great group of people. And one of those people is Maryanne Hedrick, owner of MyPersonalFarmers.com. She and I met for breakfast recently and spontaneously decided it would be fun to do a column on the site about cooking with local ingredients. And so my new column was born. More about that tomorrow.

As for recipe ideas for today, I was in meetings all day and as I was driving home from the city, my husband called with the ever-tempting suggestion: do you want to just order food? How could I resist. So, although I had a little guilt from not cooking a home-cooked meal for the kids, I thoroughly enjoyed some Mahi from our local Outback.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter