Friday, January 25, 2008

Have a sweet tooth? Try these cookies...

My son has made a new year's resolution to cut down on sweets, my husband is getting in shape to enter the police academy, and I am still trying to lose that last 15 since my daughter's birth a year-and-a-half ago. We eat healthy meals daily, but the main challenge in our house is that we all have a sweet tooth. But, I've been stuck in the house with a sick baby all week and needed a treat. So, last night I decided to make a healthy version of our favorite cookies - chocolate chip. I adapted the recipe from the inside of the cap on my Quaker Oats box. Instead of one cup of butter or margarine, I used half a cup of olive oil and half a cup of unsweetened apple sauce. I also replaced the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. So, with whole wheat, oats, apple sauce and healthy fats in the olive oil, this recipe is a pretty healthy (and tasty) alternative to a decadent treat.

No comments:

embracing a sustainable lifestyle as a Locavore ... using locally grown and produced ingredients whenever possible ...

Search This Blog

Site Meter